The DFL Senior Caucus is governed in accordance with its Charter.
DFL Senior Caucus Board of Directors
Current Board of Directors (Terms expired may 18, 2013)
- Chair – Don Bye
- Vice Chair – Karla Sand
- Secretary – James Reed
- Treasurer – Mary Ann Beneke
- Membership – Julianne Johnston
- At-large Directors -Dick Bernard, Judy Berglund, Earl Bower, Phil Castrovince, Retha Dooley, Roger Gerke, Ken Harris, Carol Hoffert, Dwayn King, John Martin, John Larva, Charlie Rike, Georgianna Ruzich, Jackie Stevenson, Joy Swanson and Elizabeth Young
The DFL Senior Caucus Governing Board of Directors
(Source: DFL Senior Caucus Charter)
The Board of Directors consists of five officers, Caucus Chair, Associate Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and Membership Director, and at least eight at-large Directors. A new Board is elected every odd numbered year at the annual membership meeting. (The Board has the authority to appoint three additional Directors to serve for the same time period as the above Directors.)
Responsibilities of the Officers:
The Chair shall convene and facilitate all Caucus and Board meetings; shall exercise oversight over the operation of the Caucus, the Board, and such committees that the Board may establish; and administer the directives of the Caucus. The Chair may delegate duties as necessary.
The Associate Chair shall fulfill the duties of the Chair in the absence of the Chair and shall assist the Chair in the duties of the Chair.
The Secretary shall produce the official records of the meetings, distribute calls and notices for Board or membership meetings, and distribute other Caucus communications as may be deemed necessary.
The Treasurer shall keep record of, account for, and report on the financial activities of the Caucus.
The Membership Director shall coordinate the recruitment of members, manage membership data, maintain up-to-date membership records and provide timely reporting of such records, and determine those members who are in good standing.
Responsibilities of the Board
The Board is responsible for managing the business and affairs of the Caucus. Its duties include:
- Calling, scheduling and conducting membership meetings, disseminating proper notice, and determining voting methods on matters other than the election of Officers and the Board;
- Authorizing and organizing candidate forums and screening, accountability and review sessions, speaker events, and similar activities;
- Conducting the financial affairs of the Caucus, including approval of expenditures; (iv) Collecting dues and raising funds to support the activities of the Caucus;
- Overseeing the work of Officers, volunteers, and others carrying out the work of the Caucus;
- Appointing a Nominating Committee and creation of other committees in order to carry out the activities of the Caucus; and
- Authorizing official statements of support for candidates, legislation or for policy at any level of government.